Who are we?
Syscal believes that IT is changing the world and that those hoping to make a mark in their industry should leverage efficient and effective IT solutions to optimize operations. We’re a Managed Services IT company that specializes in the SMB and Non-Profit space and we’re looking for a new team member!
The Position – Systems Administrator
Systems Administrator is an intermediate position requiring you to triage technical challenges and to maintain systems. A typical day consists of working from the Syscal office and resolving service tickets, but there will be on-site visits (scheduled or unscheduled) throughout the week.
Our expectations for you
- You’ll be faced with an array of challenges, and you’ll be expected to understand and resolve them quickly and effectively
- You’ll be working with a variety of personalities and environments, so you’ll need to be able to clearly communicate with our clients and your team
- You’ll be expected to understand both industry Best Practice together with Syscal Best Practice, and implement or adjust them appropriately
- It’s a technical IT position, so not all problems will present themselves at the most convenient time. You’ll be required to join your team as part of the on-call rotation
- You are aligned with our Core Values and demonstrate them always
The skills you need
- ConnectWise or similar PSA and RMM
- Microsoft products, from end-user to server
- Office 365 and related products
- Exchange knowledge required, Teams/SharePoint a bonus
- Networking equipment (firewall, WAP, switches)
- Intermediate level knowledge
- Server and desktop hardware
- Diploma or degree
- 5+ years of similar experience
You’ll be expected to have sufficient knowledge of all the products Syscal offers in order to resolve issues and to make recommendations. We collaborate well as a team and assist each other with gaps in knowledge and experience, but you’ll be expected to demonstrate a solid understanding of all the common technologies typically seen in a Small Business environment.
This position also requires a physically fit individual, who has the ability to lift approximately 23 kilograms, but we recommend a team approach when lifting heavy equipment.
This is a full-time position with a salary between $60,000 and $70,000 per year plus benefits.